Thursday, June 14, 2012

Camp Wandawega

I never went to summer camp; never shared bunkbeds for a summer, did 3-legged races, sent or received letters from home, and certainly no canoeing.  The closest I got was the mandatory week at Outdoor School while I was in 5th grade, 6th grade...I don't know.  All I remember from that was not being impressed with the "terrifying" nighttime hike, a girl in my cabin that screamed in her sleep and was rumored to have, "went to the bathroom ON the seat," (VERBATIM) and, that if you need to, you can eat miner's lettuce. 
But maybe this summer I can give it another shot.  Camp Wandawega in Elkhorn, Wisconsin seems much more my speed.  It might even make me like summer.





Photos via: DesignTripper, Jacob Hand, and Aimee Herring

5 comments:

  1. friend reunion? picturing you, dean, carrie, alissa and myself sharing this bad boy for a 3 night getaway. that'd be $60 a night for each of us. doable, right? I call top bunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! But Jeremy was already in on this so...I can't do no-husbands club with you. Boyfriends girlfriends husbands and wives camp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm doesn't seem quite as campy. or comfy? but I'll consider. girls camp + dean sounded oddly appealing... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than no camp, Callie! Get yourselves some plane tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you stay the whole time, I'll make you a "Team Player" badge.

    ReplyDelete