Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sometimes I Suck All the Fun Out of the Grocery Store

Today I was in my local health food store and this maybe-in-her-40's woman was stocking the lemons very intently, creating precarious little pyramids out of them.  And then, over the radio, the opening chords of Edge of Seventeen began and she stopped her stacking, straightened up and, with a lemon in each hand, began dancing.  I was in the inopportune position of passing by her in the tiny aisle.  She danced in front of me, kinda dance-blocking me, and held a lemon out to me, like, "Lets citrus dance to Stevie Nicks together!" I smiled, kinda shook my head, and turned around.  No fun, man.

Last time I was in there, the girl ringing me up was unbelievably high. Very adorably, insanely high.  Like, all of us in line were staring at each other in disbelief.  When she finally finished packing my bag she said- with her hands resting on my paper bag full of groceries she JUST packed- "Paper or Plastic?" I gestured to the bag and said, "I think we're good."  She looked down at the bag and her mind.  was.  blown.  "Woooooaaahhh!  I just packed this?  It's like I wasn't even here!"

Here's to you, favorite grocery store:
 Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment